Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Makeup Review: Bourjois Blush with Swatches


Another item from my recent drugstore haul. It took me such a long time to decide which shade to buy facing 14 shades sitting right in front of me. If you think these blushes look like Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush, you are very right! Bourjois is indeed a sister company of Chanel and their blushes undergo the same production processes. Other than some distinctive shades available in both collections, the major differences lie on the fragrance and the size of the powder. I can't even tell if I'm being biased for Chanel, but I personally find the fragrance added to Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush more soothing and the powder is also slightly more finely-milled. Of course, if you are not THAT bothered by the fragrance (which is hardly noticeable after application), I shall say Bourjois blushes are very good buys! It's pigmented and sophisticated enough for you to neglect the rather trivial imperfection in the fine-but-not-as-fine texture. And look, you're paying only a quarter of the price for the sister of Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush!!!

From left: NARS in Deep Throat, Bourjois in Rose Coup de Foudre (16)
I just bought a Bourjois Blush in Rose Coup de Foudre (16). It's in a gentle soft peachy coral, slightly more coral than NARS Blush in Deep Throat, when applied to my skin. The shimmer is not really visible on my cheeks, but I think it does create a soothing natural flush that glows from within.  Hmm, I hope I haven't misled you to think that the powder is not fine enough, it is very fine and light! I was amazed at the huge amount of powder that my brush picked up in just one stroke! Am I that rough?!...No, no, no...I still don't think it's me, it only tells me how fine the powder is! It glides on super smoothly and it's very buildable. You can now become a girl-next-door today and a lively summer baby tomorrow with only one blush in your pocket! For me, I have added it to my all-time favorite list. Will definitely build up my collection of Bourjois blushes in my next drugstore haul!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...