Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Makeup Review: Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme vs. Le Blanc Light Creator Whitening Compact Foundation SPF25/PA+++


I recently came across a comic strip from my friend's Whatsapp which illustrated how girls, or female in general, tend to spend loads of time to make sure we've packed into our luggages every little thing that's possibly needed in a trip. Although I do have girlfriends who are experts in packing up for their business trips within 30 minutes...What?!...and others who will only bother to literally chuck things into their luggages, I myself tend to fall into the stereotypical I-bring-everything category. I can remember how irritating it was when I forgot to bring my Clinique concealer (many years back) and the same item was not available in Melbourne at all...you know, not everything from the same brand fits your skin, especially when it comes to undereye concealer...But this years-long mentality of mine is recently proved invalid ;)

I was waiting for my flight to Ireland for a conference when flashback images of my Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme (see previous review HERE) lying on my desk suddenly crossed my mind. I fished into my handbag. Not there. I dashed to the Chanel counter in Duty Free Shop, but my #20 Beige was sold out...Oh NO!!! I looked and looked and looked at the rest of the compacts. Should I get another Mat Lumiere Extreme or should I try something new? I ended up grabbing their Le Blanc Light Creator Whitening Compact Foundation, which was the only existing Chanel compact foundation that I hadn't tried. Ah-ha! The experience turned out to be a blessing in disguise! In fact, I like it more than Mat Extreme. 

What I have been very happy about Mat Lumiere Extreme are its oil control effect and lasting power which can pretty much stay put all day with a teeny bit of oil blotting. In this regard, the Le Blanc Light Creator Whitening Compact fares just as well, at least on my skin. Adding to the good things of Mat Lumiere Extreme is its slightly lighter shade (it's still in #20 Beige), which puts my skin under a natural-looking spotlight. Although Chanel didn't emphasize its hydrating effect, I do find this more hydrating than Mat Lumiere Extreme, and it smells way more pleasant as well. On a personal note, Mat Lumiere Extreme missed a mark when it comes to its fragrance, which smells too strong for me. As for the lasting power of this Le Blanc compact, like Mat Lumiere Extreme, it melts a bit after a few hours into a healthy glow. That said, I don't have to worry about how I look even in our hot and humid summer days and on days that I've to wear my makeup from morning till 11ish at night. In terms of coverage, the compact is very buildable. It can conceal the redness of my hormonal acne and some mild blemishes brilliantly. 

Weather conditions, and therefore skin conditions, vary a lot in different countries and regions. If I were to carry along a foolproof foundation in my travel handbag, this will absolutely be the one before anything new and better appears in my beauty junkie life. ;)  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...