Tuesday, August 30, 2011

More Than Pot Rouge: Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint in Sheer Lilac (5)

Cheek Tint in Sheer Lilac (5)

I have always liked Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge (reviews HERE and HERE). Although I rarely touch up my blush when I hang out, there are times when I want the healthy natural glowy finish of Pot Rouge, yet forgotten all about it till I have powdered my face...uh it's too late!...As you know, it's difficult to wear Pot Rouge nicely over powder, especially when you have been sleep-deprived! The problem is now resolved with the birth of Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint.

The Cheek Tint comes in a super handy size and packaging, literally a smaller version of NARS Multiple, but much cheaper (HKD 200 or USD 25.66). Yes, you may say that it's cheaper because it's smaller, but I personally don't need such a huge stick that can survive years! The best part of the Cheek Tint lies not on the packaging, but the texture. It glides effortlessly on my skin and it's so sheer that I don't even need to blend it in with my ring finger. The sheerness also makes it absolutely foolproof, perfect for both professional and novice users. Even if this irritating nerve on your wrist suddenly twigs when you are using it, all you have to do is to dab it in slightly harder and it will go invisible. The makeup artist recommended me to dab the stick onto my apples for a more natural finish. And by dabbing, I can comfortably layer it over powder. Really?!! 

I was dubious when the makeup artist suggested to test it out on my cheeks at the counter. Frankly, I'm quite timid in this sense. I usually won't do it in case I end up dining with an embarrassingly dramatic flush (I got that before!), but this time round, I took the dare. It was indeed a wise decision! No shifting or smudging. Perfectly smooth and sheer. My tired look was instantly picked up with a natural flush. It's definitely a better version of Pot Rouge which has a relatively thicker, richer consistency (See swatches). With Cheek Tint, there is no more worries about forgetting to blend in the edges or not blending well enough! And yes, Cheek Tint is less sticky too.


From left: Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral (2) and Cheek Tint in Sheer Lilac (5)


After the delightful trial, I purchased Sheer Lilac (5), a rosy-coral with a tinge of purple. Like any primers in purple tones, it neutralizes my yellow skin undertone, making the flush noticeably more natural-looking and the overall look healthier. 

The only thing is, for some reasons, the makeup artist remarked that Cheek Tint can't be worn on pouts. Hmm...it doesn't really bother me since my dehydrated pouts can't even tolerate Pot Rouge! I like Cheek Tint and I have already popped it into my makeup bag. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...