Friday, August 12, 2011

My Overnight Companion in the Acne War: Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel


For a few years, I'd been using Clinique Spot Treatment Gel for my occasional pimples until I was down with a very horrible acne breakout like two years ago. The dermatologist prescribed me with this super pimple cream from the pharmacy, which has worked magic since. I don't want to conveniently recommend any of you to go for this super pimple cream without any professional diagnosis. And in fact, despite its impressive effectiveness, I actually began to wonder recently if I shall switch back to something milder before my skin has built up a strong tolerance against the normal acne treatments.

Amid my recent Acne War, I purchased Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel, just for a desperate go. It turns out that, inclusive of this Clearing Gel, Dermalogica products (HERE) have never let me down! 

In terms of ingredients, this Gel contains Niacinamide and Biotin, the two important members of the Vitamin B family that work on our skin, hair, and cuticles. There is also the ever-familiar Salicylic Acid that clears your pores and sloughs off the dead skin cell to prevent further breakouts. Alright, enough of introducing the featured ingredients...

The actual results? It functions like an overnight film mask that, I suppose, absorbs the excessive sebum and strengthens your skin cells to eradicate the breakouts. I have used it for two weeks by now. What I like about this gel is that it doesn't really dry out my skin, at least there's no peeling so far, although I do need to use a hydrating mask. But it won't give me any problem with my makeup. It also doesn't carry any medicinal smell that some medicated pimple creams do. In fact, it's fragrance free. And above all, I could see the pimples healing the next morning and, unexpectedly, it also seems to have sped up the recovery of my pimple scars! Bravo! I know Dermalogica has recently launched this Clean Start line that targets on acne-prone skin, but I find the pricing quite steep. Although this one may also look pricey at the first glance, but hey, you get 50ml when you are practically using it by drops, plus its brilliant results, it's definitely a deal!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to try this product but wasent sure as I thought it might be too drying but after reading this I think I might give it a try ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...