Thursday, March 10, 2011

A natural touch for combination skin

I wear foundation whenever I step out of my place. I just can't accept letting anybody see my true haggard self. The most recent foundation I used was Mac Studio Fix Fluid, which I usually set with Mac Select Sheer Pressed Powder. But I look cakey with or without powder, and even hideous under the sun. I will review Mac's foundation in another entry. Anywayz, for better skin in the long run, I'm hunting for a lightweight product which can even out my skintone with light-medium coverage, and more importantly, can last for the whole day without much touch-ups. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 (it's not the oil-free one) is my answer! I have to confess that because of my combo skin, I still have to use foundation fluid on my T-zone for better oil control and lasting coverage. But as the name has prompted, the tinted moisturizer really works like a moisturizer and I just have to apply it on clean bare skin - how easy! I do have a bit of spots around my apples, but this tinted moisturizer almost covers them all with just a thin layer. I don't even think I need to use a prep or corrector under it. It's very buildable, like lots of other foundation. I usually dab a bit more on my cheeks and chin to brighten the dull areas. My skin feels soft and looks perfectly natural and energized. Depending on the humidity, I may selectively apply some Mac Blot Powder or Select Sheer Pressed Powder on my T-zone, jaws and chin (with a powder brush). To add some natural rosiness to my cheeks, I use Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge 11 - Pale Pink. Dab it on your apples with your ring finger and spread the edges. The pink rouge will blend into your skin and become part of it, making you a rosy, innocent baby! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...