Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Makeup Review: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-in-One BB Cream


Although I'm still very happy with my Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream (HERE), I have serious problems refraining myself from buying and testing out other BB creams when a tube actually seems to last forever! This time round, I feel so grateful to the genius who first came up with the revolutionary idea of displaying testers and offering makeup trials...

Honestly, I didn't purchase this Garnier BB cream after testing it out at Mannings. What really turned me off was the consistency which is way thicker than expected. It feels like a foundation, and it's not a lightweight one like NARS Sheer Glow or Chanel Aqualumiere. I'm a sucker for sheer and lightweight texture for anything I put on my face. I can't convince myself to wear a foundation-like BB cream simply by repeating to myself that it contains other skincare benefits that a foundation doesn't. What's more, the rather thick consistency seemed to make it less easy to blend into a natural finish. Looking on the bright side, it provides a pretty good coverage for a BB cream. Like I said, the finish looks more like what a foundation gives you. So it really depends on how makeup you want to look. But if you are like me, who prefer barely-there and lightweight makeup, I guess this Garnier BB cream is not for you.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this existed until I saw it in the drugstore.

    I have rosacea, and have tried all types of foundations, from mineral makeup to compact creams.

    I also have combination skin, and a lot of makeups cause it to look greasy/shiny. Mineral makeups need to be applied with brushes I'm allergic to (even hypo-allergenic ones), and my face breaks out.

    Garnier's BB cream is AWESOME. It's as easy as applying moisturizer, and the coverage is great. I don't have to apply a top coat of powder to (temporarily) control shine, therefore my skin looks more natural. Plus, it's truly affordable.

    Thank you, Garnier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think this cream is fantastic.It provides the right coverage and is oil free; much better than any thing else Ive tried. I even got compliments on my skin when using this product.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...