Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray


I purchased Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray from lookfantastic.com and was in an exhilarating excitement when I received it. But it was an absolute disappointment upon testing. The product claims to contain this "color dispersing agents that keep makeup evenly distributed", weightlessly set your makeup and maintain the just-applied look for 16 hours. It "lets you dance, sweat, and still look flawless because it makes makeup moisture-resistent". Sounds magical, but I couldn't see any rabbit sticking out from the magician's hat. 

What turned me off in the first place was the smell of hairspray. Then came the sensation bit when it did form a film over my face and I really felt like my face was set. Honestly, I didn't expect it to last 16 hours. I looked into the mirror again after 6 hours. The makeup on my cheeks really didn't move (so it's true in a sense)! No matter how I touched and rubbed them, the makeup was still literally intact. But it's just so for my relatively dehydrated cheeks. My foundation was sliding at the T-zone and jawline, and settling into my laugh lines! Sounds like a horrid scene and it was! Was it my skin, the weather, or the product??? I was utterly glad that I experimented it at home...I know there are heaps of positive reviews of this setting spray out there, but I honestly can't say yes to it...

My suggestion is, you may like to give it a go if your skin is very balanced. To me, the hairspray-like smell had already ruined the experience, not to mention how it fared in the end...but who knows? It may work magic for others! I truly hope that Urban Decay can improve the formula...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...