Thursday, June 2, 2011

Balancing regime for combination skin: Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque


One of the things I hate about summer is the extra whiteheads (and sometimes blackheads or even zits!) I get on my T-zone. It's a season whereby everything, including oil secretion, is activated! To keep my skin clear and balanced, I can't live without some sort of a purifying mask in my weekly skincare regime. And mind you, I really mean weekly. Unless you want to disrupt and impair your skin's natural functions, you won't need a daily deep-cleansing...which I shall say twice a week is the max! 

Out of the few purifying masks in my skincare cupboard, Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque has been the one I use most often. I realize it really helps keep my face clean and clear in just 10 minutes, without any tingling sensation that I sometimes get from other clay masks. I like to apply a thicker layer over my T-zone, jawline and any potential acne.  Besides the familiar oil-absorbing Kaolin and Bentonite, which are often found in purifying clay masks, this one also contains Vitamin C and E for a more nourishing treat. It's been quite an effective 'first-aid', as well as 'maintenance' treatment so far. My skin always feels fresh, balanced, and soft after use. It says, "Bye shiny nose and acne!" Hooray!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...