Monday, May 9, 2011

UV Fighters V: Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation

Although I was told to stick to one foundation once it fits, I tend to wonder if there're better alternatives after using it for a while. Does that mean I'm a born researcher? Anyway, I've been testing out a few compact foundations as summer is around the corner (or it's already here!). After all, we all need a promising foundation that won't leave us in embarrassment under the sweltering heat! 

My latest fav is Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation (SPF 34/PA+++). I used to think a fashion brand won't excel in the beauty industry, but I was very wrong. This compact foundation should pass off as an HD foundation although it didn't claim to be one. The silky powder is so super fine. I was very impressed by the refining, yet absolutely natural-looking, effect when the GA makeup artist first swept it across my jawline as part of the mid-day touchup. It subtly matified my skin and 'erased' the pores without caking up, and the finish was so sheer that I literally couldn't feel it! 

I also love it for another reason - the design! As with all other GA beauty products, the packaging of this compact foundation is simply an art! The elegant black lacquered case, the magnetic closure...everything little detail of the case makes it more than JUST a humble compact foundation. Oh, even the sponge that comes alone is stylish!!! Armani has truly carried over their wisdom in fashion to their beauty collections. Mine is now sitting on my desk like a well-groomed supermodel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...