Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Great Primer for Combo Skin: Shiseido Maquillage Sherbet Base


I should have reviewed this loooooong ago because I'd finished three bottles of it before I began falling for tinted primers and BB creams. It's a fun, refreshing, and pretty effective primer with a yummy name. If you are looking for a makeup primer that can control facial oil and keep your face feeling fresh the whole day, this one is for you.

I love the fluffy sherbet-like (or soufflé if you'd prefer) texture that melts into my skin instantly, leaving a smooth and mattified canvas for makeup. The minty scent and cooling sensation really perk me up too. The sale representative at Shiseido said it helps maintain the temperature of my skin under 25˚C, so the pores will be smaller and the skin less oily. Apparently, I didn't technically measure the temperature of my face, but all I know is that the gentle cooling sensation does last for quite a while. It did a pretty good job in oil-control and my makeup stayed pretty long. Although it was launched as part of Maquillage Summer Collection last year, I actually think the Sherbet Base is a brilliant makeup primer for combination skin all year round. I still use it from time to time when my skin (especially the T-zone) feels sticky and yucky.

Now that I'm obsessed with La Roche Posay Melt-In Cream (see review HERE) which gives me both SPF protection and light coverage, I sometimes wear the Sherbet Base underneath and finish with only MAC Blot Powder (see review HERE). The three items are pretty much enough to leave my face matt and even-toned for a no-makeup makeup look. With a bit of blush or bronzer, plus two swipes of Dior Addict in Nude (333) (see review HERE), I'm good to go!

As with all Shiseido products, I haven't experienced any allergic reactions or tingly sensations using it, not even over pimples. The only drawbacks are that it doesn't provide any SPF protection and it can't correct skin tone. But if these are not your concerns, you should really consider grabbing a bottle today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...