Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eye Cream Review: Elemis Pro-Intense Eye and Lip Contour Cream


Looking for a new eye cream to switch to? I have been using Elemis Pro-Intense Eye and Lip Contour Cream for...the past few weeks, and the effect is so far so good. Although it's a rich anti-aging formula, it absorbs very easily without a tiny bit of stickiness. Honestly, it's not the most moisturizing eye cream I have used, but it's done a fair job in quenching my dehydrated eye area.

It contains active plant stem cells which is supposed to redensify the delicate skin around my eyes (I don't need any lip cream at the moment) and iron out the fine lines to make it firmer and plumper. For sure, the results are not as obvious as what scientists can see from the petri dishes. I can feel a bit of tightness after applying it. And at a closer look, my undereye area does look smoother without makeup, and my concealer glides on more easily. Yes, the formula is great to go under makeup. The only thing is, if you're looking for one that can reduce your dark circles, I haven't seen any improvements in my seasoned pair of dark circles so far. And if you're looking for one that's really moisturizing, I bet this is not for you. I actually think that Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream (vs. Chanel Precision Ultra Correction Lift HERE) and Lancome Genefique Eye Concentrate (HERE) can do a better job in this regard.

As with all Elemis products, it could be quite a good buy when it comes in a gift pack. I purchased mine (HERE) as part of the All About Eyes pack that includes also the Absolute Eye Serum and Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser, which are still on my to-be-tested list. Another tip is to look out for the sales at Lookfantastic. They offer very attractive price slashes from time to time. And if you still find the deal painful, the good news is I only need half a pump for both eyes. Hope it soothes your pain then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...