Friday, September 30, 2011

Great Complexion for A Great Day Off: La Roche Posay UVIDEA XL Melt-In Cream (SPF 50+++)



Can't be bothered to wear a full-on makeup, but still want something to perk up your complexion over weekends? MAC Skin Enhancer has been my fave (see review HERE), but it can't hide my dull complexion well enough under cool white light that beauty counters and some boutiques like to install. I hate it when the white spotlights reveal my blemishes and dullness like X-ray - what a holiday spoiler!!! La Roche Posay Melt-In Cream rescues me from my embarrassment and allows me to enjoy a foundation-free day off.

The Melt-In Cream is more tinted than it feels. So if you do your makeup in a room lit with warm lightings, you can easily get over-enthusiastic about layering it because of its sheer texture. As you can hopefully see from the picture, it really melts into your skin like you have just rubbed in some lightweight day moisturizer. La Roche Posay has actually launched a BB cream, but I personally find this more comfortable to wear. And for such a lightweight tinted cream, the coverage it offers is impressive. When I use it as a primer, I only have to sweep a bit of powder/compact foundation (at the moment, Christian Dior Diorskin Forever Compact - see review ) on the dull areas to make sure my complexion is brightened throughout the day. And yes, I did say a bit. At least for me, my face looked cakey on the few occasions that I didn't trust the Melt-in Cream enough! And in fact, using it alone can already give you an almost-porcelain complexion if your skin is already pretty good.

Partially rubbed in

Comparing to MAC Skin Enhancer, the Melt-In Cream is more hydrating and more spreadable. My makeup stays longer when I used it as a primer. It provides a broader spectrum of UV protection, good enough for a day of hangout. What's more, it's a godsend product for sensitive skin since it's fragrance-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic, and hypoallergenic. And not to forget the great coverage that I mentioned...You can already tell that I'm ranking this higher than MAC Skin Enhancer. Honestly, it's really this great!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I stumbled across your blog while searching around for info on this product. Am happy to read a glowing review for it. Will try it out for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...