Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Skincare Review for Acne-Prone, Sensitive Skin: Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting

I love this serum!!! One of the things I adore is that I can also apply it on my eye area, which allows me to skip my usual eye serum on the nights that I'm super exhausted and just want to get my skin prepped and zzzzzzzzzz. In this sense, it's like a 2-for-1 offer, isn't it?! The best part is, I get what I have paid for. I slept at 4a.m. on several occasions, but still my complexion looked brighter than I had expected the next morning. I realize it also managed to overcome the dullness brought by the strong medicated acne treatment I was using (and which failed to curb the horrible breakout) before purchasing Avene Cleanance Cream-Gel (see review HERE). This is a fantastic news because I now have a serum that can make me look better over my very depressive, blemished days. And since it's hypoallergenic, I can use it during my worst skin breakout with no worries at all. What's more, I think it also speeds up the recovery of my blemishes. My skin has stopped breaking out within days of beginning my new skincare regime with the new Avene purchases (HERE), and the spots are minimizing and fading out at a very desirable pace. It's been less than 2 weeks by now, and with only light makeup, my friends are hardly aware that I had just gone through one of my worst skin breakouts! 

Texture-wise, the Radiance Serum feels a bit sticky when I first apply it on my skin. I usually leave it for a few minutes before applying moisturizer to allow the serum to sink in. You will know when it's ready as it will feel noticeably less sticky. The stickiness actually owes to its hydrating property. Now that the weather is still humid, I only apply it on my blemishes and areas that require brightening, say the apples of my cheeks and my undereyes. But my guess is, I can use it over my entire face when the wintry weather sets in. 

Oh, one last thing. Don't forget that the serum contains a star ingredient, grape seed polyphenols, a natural, highly potent antioxidant that helps delay or slow down the skin aging process that we all detest. In other words, it's an antioxidant, hydrating, and brightening serum. It's great especially for acne-prone, sensitive skin and it's definitely a value-for-money product (even better if it comes in a gift pack!) that you should seriously consider including in your coming beauty haul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...