Monday, April 11, 2011

Mac Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer & Highlighter

As mentioned last time, I went for Mac Primed for Perfection makeup consultation. It's fabulous! The Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye Primer is actually a sheer moisturizing eye cream, so sheer that you'll most likely underestimate its hydrating power! The light cream texture disappeared on my eye area in no time, and boom, it kept the layers of concealer looking fresh the whole day! I've been using Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream which really irons out the creases under eye, but this Vibrancy Eye Primer seems to be a lighter and more comfy formula for the humid spring/summer.



Next is the Highlighter. The new line offers three shades: Bright Forecast (mid-tone peachy coral), Light Boost (soft yellow cream), and Radiant Rose (light shell pink). It comes in a slender twist-up pen applicator, supposed to be handy, but it doesn't really excites me since I prefer putting the required amount on the back of my hand before application. Find it more hygienic.


Anywayz, Bright Forecast and Radiant Rose can be worn under concealer to correct the greenish bluish darkness under eye, whereas Light Boost functions more as a highlighter over concealer. The texture is thin and velvety, you know, the summer kinda texture. The only drawback is, it's NOT moisturizing and it's a definite NO to wear it without any moisturizing base for dry skin (around the eyes) like mine! The makeup artist recommended me to stick to using my own eye cream (my Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream since there's still plenty) and Mac Select Moisturecover in NW25 as a corrector, then highlight the outline of my eye bags with Light Boost. YES! I did look more radiant than using Moisturecover NW25 + NC25! What's more, it felt lighter. It was a long day for me and I only reached home at 11pm. The concealing job still stayed put! Will consider getting Vibrancy Eye Primer after finishing my Bobbi Brown. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...