Tuesday, April 26, 2011

UV Fighters II: Mac Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer SPF 35/PA+++


Mac Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer SPF 35/PA+++ is a tinted skin primer with soft-focus powders to help even out skin tone and add radiance. It comes in three shades which serves different purposes:

Adjust - brightens dull skin
Illuminate - adds radiance to a sallow complexion
Neutralize - calms a red, blotchy complexion

I use Illuminate (purple) to neutralize (oh, how confusing!) my yellow skin tone. It's lightweight, and the correcting effect is quite subtle. So to speak, it's buildable. But obviously, unlike a tinted moisturizer which usually provides a certain degree of coverage, you can't expect a tinted primer to do all the job, at least my skin is not flawless enough to wear it alone. It holds my foundation pretty well and provides fair protections against both UVA and UVB rays. Of course, if you're looking for a hydrating primer, this's not the one for you. What I like about this primer is its 2-in-1 formula which saves me from the trouble of applying a sunscreen and a primer/skin corrector. I can even wear it on my undereyes to correct my hideous dark circles before applying my eye concealer (currently Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer HERE)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...