Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Must-Have in My Battle with Acne


You may already know from my previous entries that I'm getting acne breakouts lately because of various reasons (hormonal changes, stress...). In a sensitive period as such, the golden rule for whatever skin care routine is: Thou shalt play safe! No new products, no essential oils, no fancy masques...nothing strong!

An important step to vanquishing acnes is to keep you face clean and hydrated. If you don't want to invest in a set of anti-blemish skin care just for this periodic breakout, Elemis Anti-Aging Cleansing Duo could be a good way out. The duo set includes a Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash (200ml) and my favorite Balancing Lavender Toner (200ml) (BUY HERE). Especially on days that my skin is fragile and problematic, I can't find a better option that can replace Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner (which I had reviewed HERE). Hardly any toner can simultaneously hydrate, calm and balance my skin THIS well! 

Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash is also on my favorite list. It contains non-abrasive exfoliation ingredients from the larch tree and babassu oil. Although the name Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing may sound too strong for sensitive and problem skin, it's in fact very gentle while giving your skin a good exfoliation to encourage cell renewal and prevent further skin inflammation. After wash, my face does feel exfoliated, like I've used a micro-scrub and a purifying masque, yet without feeling stripped, but soft and smooth. 

The whole experience of using this cleansing duo soothes my worries over my blemished face. Hmm, I'm sure I can get back my clear skin soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...