Friday, July 8, 2011

BB Cream Mania: Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield High Potency Active Protection BB Base SPF 50+++


Pop...Another BB cream in my basket! I have been struggling between Lancome UV Expert GN-Shield BB Base and Dior Diorsnow BB Cream since their launches. Finally...bling...I received a promotion text from Lancome which moved my feet to the counter...

It was a wise purchase. Although it doesn't give the bubbly sensation of Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse (HERE), the texture is very sheer and spreadable. Before I left the Lancome counter, the sales representative reminded me to start with just a thin layer. She was very right. A thin layer will suffice for a brightened and natural finish since the cream comes in quite a fair shade (which is the only shade)...Fair, but not ashy white (See swatches below). You may find it too fair before it is completely rubbed in and settled. So please be a bit more patient! Before you know, it will melt and blend into your skin like a lightweight moisturizer while correcting your dull complexion. It leaves your face dewy and nude all day long. The UV protection it provides is also enough to shield you from this major source of premature aging for 12 hours straight. 

The only thing that kind of bothers me is its stickiness. Yes, it's sticky no matter how long I let it settle in. BUT, since I usually set the makeup with my Mac Blot Powder, the problem can be easily forgotten. 

Another thing you may like to know before your purchase is that it only provides a light coverage. I don't have much blemishes, so it's not really a concern to me. But anyway, I do think it blurs the spots on my face. 

I like it!


Partially rubbed in
Fully rubbed in



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...