Sunday, July 3, 2011

Makeup Review: Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15


Dermalogica has definitely got the right name for their tinted moisturizer. Dermalogica Sheer Tint Moisture SPF 15 is as sheer as it's named. It feels very different from Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (HERE and HERE). Comparing to Laura Mercier's creamy texture, this one is more like a tinted emulsion which easily melts and disappears on my skin. The Medium shade gives a healthy and subtle summer bronze, with a tinge of golden shimmer, yet the finish is so super sheer that you can't tell if anything's ever applied! It feels absolutely weightless while locking the natural layer of moisture in your skin. Texture-wise, it's superb!

BUT Sheer Tint Moisture doesn't go into my summer fav list for two reasons. Firstly, it doesn't provide any coverage, at least not that I can detect. But the golden shimmer does brighten my skin, especially under the sun. Although I don't have much blemishes on my face, I'm still more tempted by other lightweight products that offers a light coverage, however natural I prefer to look that day.

Secondly, it doesn't offer a broad spectrum of UV protection. With only an SPF 15, my face will only be protected for less than four hours, which means I either have to wear another layer of sunscreen underneath or I should make sure I won't stay under the sun the entire day. I do have other handier and more multifunctional items in my makeup bag...

Sheer Tint Moisture in Medium - Before rubbing
After rubbing

The verdict? Rather than using it as a tinted moisturizer, I personally think it's perfect for contouring. The subtlety, the sheerness, and the golden sheeny finish are simply alluring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...